Thursday, January 9, 2014

Catch up Weeks 4 DoA Anniversary Muslin Project

Edited was oringinally suppose to post on my blog on 12/02/13

Ok so back on Week 34 in August I posted that I was entering a few of the DoA (Den of Angels) Anniversary Contests. Since it is long past I'm finally able to post up photos of my creation. I didn't place in the contest but I'm pretty happy with my results and hope to someday at some point make this into a different fabric.

Anyway the basics of the challenge in a nutshell (don't want to copy and paste as I don't want to get in trouble from DoA for not getting permission to copy) is we had to make a formal outfit but out of muslin fabric as the challenge was to show our creation and design without excess details to hide any flaws. Since I choose Keiyoko my Resinsoul Xue for this project I had to work with only 2/3yd that was only 39" or less wide...normally this fabric can come in a width of 60" but since the participants are international most traditional width of this type of fabric is only 39" or less. Anyway on to the model and details.

Again like I stated my model for this project is my wonderful mini me Keiyoko:

Front:

Detail Front Neckline:
Ruffled Halter Neckline and Horizontal Pleated Sash..

Detail Front Skirt:
The overskirt with ruffled flounce hemline...

Back:

Detail Back:
Close up view of the back of the halter neckline and the sash tied in back with a large bow.

As you can see in one of the photos I ran short on time and was not able to complete her leg coverings. I can look at this and see some improvements that could be made but I'm pretty proud of the outcome especially having mostly draped the bodice part and figuring out the ruffled details. It was a challenge that I was very happy to have completed and it was fun to enter. Next year I will have to give myself much more time..lol.








No comments:

Post a Comment