Thursday, January 9, 2014

Catch up Week 7 and End to 2013 Holiday Fun

As 2013 came to an end I received my last doll of the year a Dollmore Lusion who I named Oakley. Who is appx 80cm and is about the size of a toddler but really slim so I would have to go about making clothes for her myself.

Here is a photo of my wonderful girl when she first arrived:

And here are a few outfits that I created for her throughout December:
Her very first outfit I created was a furry fox set, argyle stockings, white shirt, tan skirt and scarf.

Next was a pair of brown shorts that I did as just a mock up to make sure the pants pattern I made would fit. 

A set of comfy pjs so that she could be ready for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. I took apart a old set of big girls size 14 pants and t shirt. The pink is new fabric an I added the applique to the front that was part of the tshirt. The pants to the set I used for both her pj pants and the sleeves of her top.


And finally her fabulous Holiday dress that I altered from a large girls dress, added a ribbon sash and made a matching outfir for her bunny friend. She wore this to the Holiday Doll Meet I held at my home as well as on Christmas Day. 

And one last photo before the New Year:
A sweater dress made from an old sweater and some brown leggings. 

I'd like to thank everyone for viewing my blog during the 2013 year...though it seems my blog doesn't get alot of traffic or comments it was nice to create this blog as a way to keep creating. The end of the year was very stressful with my 8yr old dog having health problems and then having to say goodbye to him in the middle of October. It was hard to come back to this blog, but I am back. I hope everyone will continue to tune in for all the creative fun of 2014.

Happy New Year!










1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely adorable. My bf would kill me if I ever got a doll her size. *chuckles*

    Question: Where did you find her shoes?

    ReplyDelete